Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Chapter 8 Journal Blog

Communicating and Networking with Websites, Blogs, Wikis, and More
 
 
1.  How can teachers use communications technologies as teacing and learning tools?
To enhance teaching and learning as educators, communications technologies is a must. Especially now that we are living in a technology based world, it is nessecary for teachers to have their students communicate with them through technology. Communications Technologies are tools that make quick and easy sharing of information from one person to another possible. This is very helpful in a classroom, teachers can use it for notes and even lessons. There are so many tools, a few of them would be; Email, Classroom websites, Blogs, and Online Discussions. For me, Blogs, just like the one I am using at this very second is effective. Although at first it may look hard, it is fairly easy, and neat to use when it comes to sharing information with other people. Communicationg through technology is also a perfect way to share information with students who are absent or not in the class for any reason. In general, I feel that the use of communication technology is an effective means for opening greater educational opportunities. The use of technology creates a powerful learning  enviroment, where students are given the chance to aquire knowledge in an activity.
 
 
2.Tech Tool 8.1 - Teacher Website and Blog-Building Resources
In this Tech Tool, there are three different approaches to building your own teacher website or blog. As it says, it can be very costly to download your own software that will build it up for you, teachers need less expensive alternatives. The approach that would best work for me was "Approach 1 (Website and Blog-Building Software)". This certain approach gives me the option of downloading either "Dreamweaver" or "FrontPage" on my personal computer to help me set-up a personal website.I really enjoy this idea because it says to have a easy access of learning and setting up my own website, which is something that would be very helpful in the long run. Both of the programs it gives you to choose from have ranges of ways to make your website, either basic or elaborately sophisticated. I can see myself getting carried away and making tons of my own personal websites with these softwares!
 
 
3. Summary
Chapter eight really helped me understand and gather information on how I, as a teacher, can put together communication technology skills in my classroom. It mainly focuses on the variety of tools and ways you can interwine computers and other technologies with your students. I feel that email, instant messaging, threaded disscusions, boards, and blogs are all the most effective ways to bring students and teacher together. When communicating one on one you get to teach more material and in ways that make it easy and second nature to students. Communicating and Networking with websites, blogs, and more to me are the future of learning and education.
 
 
 
Maloy, R. W. (2011). Transforming learning with new technologies. Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon.


1 comment:

  1. I will show you some free web 2.0 websites that will be easier and faster to make webpages than Dreamweaver - and you know how easy (after a little learning!) Blogger is to create your own blog. We want teachers to be able to use these communication technologies seamlessly and without a second thought - you are well on your way! :)

    ReplyDelete